Be Your Own Valentine
With Valentines Day around the corner, it is easy to fall into a funk if you don’t
have a significant other. However, if we move our attention to our own
hearts and dating ourselves, we can celebrate. It is just another day after all.
Make this the day a day to celebrate you. Have a significant other?
You can still make this a day to go inward and take care of your mind, body and soul.
Self-love and Self-care are the words of this day.
Here is how to make it yours.
- Give yourself flowers. When I buy myself flowers, it makes a huge difference in my mood. The simple act of having flowers by my bed makes such a difference in how I feel. Who said we need to be given flowers from others? We all deserve to give this to ourselves.
- Write yourself a love note. Pick up a pen and write down what you love about yourself. Don’t wait for someone else to tell you first. Write down at least 5 things you love about yourself. You can find them. And if you can’t, close your eyes and search deeper.
- What will give you joy today? A yoga class? Dancing? A cup of coffee in the peace and quiet? A chocolate truffle? Cuddling with your little one while watching a movie? Indulge and give your mind, body and soul what it is asking for.
- Sit with your eyes closed for 5 minutes breathing in and out. As you breathe in, think ‘love.’ As you breathe out, think ‘love.’ Imagine a ball of yellow light filling your heart with love. Now imagine that ball of light washing over your entire being and radiating with self-love.
- Love yourself unapologetically.
Now go on. Be your own valentine and celebrate YOU.