Tana Cogan, fitness expert & owner of ‘Train with Tana’ with over 1.5 million followers
Tana Cogan started fitness at age 13, through the years fitness has become her number one passion. Her passion for training other people has made her getting on a bigger mission than just getting her clients fit. Tana is helping her clients (and 1.5 million others) by finding their happiness and health.
Tana is helping those who are struggling with losing weight, building a booty, getting a flat tummy on weight, depression, feeling lost, unhappy or just flat out unmotivated. Tana’s work of helping everyone accomplish their goal made her a successful social influencer.
Besides inspiring and motivating her followers through social media Tana also provides online training programs. The online training programs include meal programs and workout programs. Check Tana’s online training programs at Train With Tana.
We are very honored and pleased to have Tana featured on Women On Topp and giving us the opportunity to interview her. Read our interview with 33 questions with Tana Cogan. In a world of where we forget to live healthy and happy, let’s learn something from our inspiring Tana Cogan. And let’s see how she manages her big social media accounts & online training business!
33 Questions with Tana
1. Can you tell our readers about yourself?
I’m Tana! I’m 26, I’ve been doing online training going on 5 years now! It has blessed me with such an amazing life while I help others accomplish their dreams which is the most rewarding thing you can ever do! I’m working hard on my fitness business now so I can open a dog rescue! Life wasn’t always easy. I’ve been to the extreme lows and worked my way back up to where I am today.
2. Describe how did you first get into fitness?
My mom! She would drag me to the gym when I was 13 years old and I use to hate it but I eventually fell in love with it and it became a habit for me when I was 16!
3. Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you at fitness?
Food eating. Hahaha motivates me to go work off my food. Haha jk. I love planning and goal setting so those have helped my fitness a lot!
4. What would you say that is the biggest challenge about training/coaching other people?
Mindset! People get stuck in such a bad mindset sometimes.
5. What would you say that is the greatest satisfaction of being a trainer?
Making people realize they can conquer anything.
6. Who was your first fitness/fitgirl/person icon?
Ashley Horner and Amanda Latona.
7. Who takes the majority of your photos?
Myself or my boyfriend.
8. How would you describe your personal style?
Pretty much nonexistent clothes wise… I wear Nike and Lululemon and that’s what I wear pretty much 24/7.
9. How would you describe your work style?
Always working. I love working so constantly on my email!
10. What type of networking do you think is better to enhance your traffic to the blog and social media?
I usually do shout for shout.
11. What would be your ideal working environment?
I love the beach so on a patio overlooking the ocean.
12. How do you manage time to run your blog/social media efficiently next to the training you give?
I have a planner and I plan everything on Sunday morning on how my week will be timed out.
13. What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog and social media?
I post a lot on Instagram. Or run ads on social media sites.
14. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
Get better at editing videos, taking better pictures and becoming a better writer and speaker.
15. What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from that?
When I was 18 I lost everything due to a huge mistake but it pushed me to follow my passion and truly humbled me.
16. Tell me about your proudest achievement?
Proudest achievement would be every time I help a client change their mindset.
17. Who has impacted you most in what you do and how?
My family, my hunny and my clients! Just always pushing me to become better and learn more.
18. What is your greatest achievement outside being a great trainer?
Being able to buy 2 houses within a year and get one of my dream cars within the same time frame. All by the age of 25. Even though it’s only material, it was a feel good moment!
19. What do you do in your spare time?
Hang with rescue pups and watch documentaries.
20. Where would you like to be in five years from now?
I will still be doing training and helping clients reach fitness goals but also help people reach other personal goals.
21. What inspired you to start your blog and social media?
Being able to help people would wife.
22. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up
and running? How do you motivate yourself to work out all the time?
Knowing I will motivate people to do the same.
23. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of social media blogging?
Writing because I’m not the best at it yet.
24. In the future where do you hope your profession will take you?
To become one of the best/ most well-known trainers in the world.
25. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
I have met tons of people through social media. But none from blogging.
26. Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?
I have a few products that I’m working on that I hope to take off.
27. What is the biggest difference in your life post-blogging about your profession?
Being able to give people value.
28. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I communicate daily with followers. Saturdays I do take to myself.
29. How much time do you spend blogging and how much time do you spend working out?
Blogging about 2 hours a week now. Use to be 10 hours a week. Training probably 10 hours a week.
30. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Posting great and valuable content, lots of free info for people.
31. Would you encourage other people to make a blog of their workouts?
32. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
I actually don’t make money from blogging. I make money through social media!
33. What health and fitness advice do you give Women On Topp followers?
Don’t stress when you fall off, always focus on the positive. Eat clean, drink your water and move your body!
Again thanking Tana Cogan for giving us the opportunity to interview her. As Tana answered the questions, we can tell having the right mindset is everything. Helping other people can become your biggest passion, drive and a way of keeping yourself motivated.
Join the discussion!