There are many benefits to networking with professionals on Linkedin, but you’re not the only person who thinks so. Here’s how to connect and to compete with the other 277+ million people looking for opportunities.
1) Pick a great picture that shows your face (and no one else), and make sure we can see your pupils. avoid strapless dresses. Good light and a background that isn’t pure white is also helpful.
2) Pick Titles that either get people to notice you or tell your audience what you want them to first know about you.
3) Write a plain language summary that sounds like it’s you talking to me, and then add one interesting thing. Focus your summary on what you want people to understand (what you need, what you do, what you want them to believe)
4) Use the new media buttons to add presentations, videos, and work product.
5) Fill out your profile completely using the wizard
6) Spell check it and check for grammar mistakes.
7) Have a few recommendations for each position in the last few years/ Ask for recommendations
8) Add contact information like blogs, social media sites, or an about.me
If you’re trying to get hired, add a page that has your contact number to call.
9) Don’t be afraid to edit title and summary on a regular basis.
10) Show off your awards, skills and endorsements, and groups,
11) Include some projects you’re proud of.
12) Make sure you put the location you want to live or work in, not the one you’re in.
Join the discussion!